Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Finished Object: Diamond Stitch Sweater, Vintage Knits, Sarah Dallas


All done.

This is the Diamond Stitch Sweater top, from Sarah Dallas' Vintage Knits book.

I knitted it in Panda Regal 4 ply, rather than the wool the pattern calls for. Hey, it's like 40C degrees here in summer.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I feel all 50's sweater girl. I feel like I need to be carrying a pile of school books, and have a boyfriend with a letter jacket for, I don't know hockey or something. My man just referred to it as a "Sandra Dee jumper". See what I mean?

It fits nicely, a tad on the short side, so that I couldn't wear it with low cut jeans if I didn't want to show a tiny bit of my tummy.

I think I'll wear it to work tomorrow, my Canberra big-boss is coming.