Sunday, June 08, 2008

I love quick projects

I forget sometimes that knitting doesn't have to be about long term but beautiful things.

Sometimes small can be pretty too. I finished the beret for my daughter's teacher. It's to be a Christmas gift - I have a list of these to do over the coming 6 months as part of the using of the stash.

This is what it looks like on me. Only one photo, because in every other photo, for reasons I cannot ascertain, I look very stoned. And the one photo that would have been great was completely washed out in the upper range - meaning the light beret couldn't be seen properly.
It's pretty, using the Gretel pattern I mentioned earlier and some Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed. I'm fond of this yarn, having used it before, but in this instance I think it was a bit thicker than the called for yarns, meaning a more slouchy and larger beret than originally intended. Not ridiculously so or anything, so it was stay as is.