Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes, I'm knitting.


I'm even feeling like I'm making progress, which is saying something since I've only been sporadically in transit. I'm upto block 6 of 10. But of course they get bigger as you go, so.. my calculations say about 33% done. But it feels like it should be a lot more, so maybe there is something wrong with my maths. I know, we're been down that road before...

I'm enjoying it really. Switch brain off. Knit. Occasionally count ridges. Knit some more. New colour. Wheee! Knit.. repeat.

Here it is. Lovely look to it in person, and I'm liking the yarn. Which is surprising because its acrylic, and I'm a yarn snob. I mean, I wouldn't wear anything out of it, but it doesn't suck as a gift yarn for non-knitting aficionados. It's Sirdar Snuggly DK. I give it a 3/5 for general yarn consumption, and maybe a 4/5 for a non-natural fibres (Calmer would get a 5, in case you are wondering. But its 3 times the price, sooooo...)

And if you're my brother, stop looking. It's a secret. (Are you listening mother dear? Don't show him, ok....)