Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finished Object: The Coronet hat




As promised, photos of the Coronet hat.

The photos didn't turn out too great so bear with me. The model wasn't terribly keen on sitting still.

The hat is pretty though, and looks very cute on.

It also covers her ears, which the old (much loved) hat did not.

I like the top - it reminds me of a Chesterfield chair.


The yarn worked well, it was tweedy - Grignasco Tango, 50% Wool, 25% Viscose, 25% Alpaca. (The top photo is more colour correct, kind of a sky blue.)

All in all, a success. She wears it, it looks cute and the pattern worked well.
The only real problem I had with it was the ball band said it was a much finer gauge than I found it to be - until I doubled it. Then it worked fine (even if I did have to get another ball ... sigh... )

Now? I am working a storm on that lace cardigan. Specifically, Pattern 22 "Lacy Cardigan" from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2005 issue. I have made good progress, but had a major hassle with it, which I am now getting over. I shall talk more on that issue in the 'other' blog I have been invited to join - it's called Craftyaction and is the blog of the stitch and bitch group I have recently joined. :)

Bye for now folks. Be good. And remember, don't read patterns for casting on when sick.