Sunday, September 23, 2007

OMG!!! Something I can blog about!

A gift I can safely blog about, imagine that.

This scarf has been driving me nuts. It has had literally about 6-8 different stitch patterns swatched. The pattern requirements were:
  • cornflower blue (giftee request. Which decided the yarn since this was the only yarn in that colour I could find).
  • a scarf (giftee request)
  • would be straightforward to knit on public transport. This therefore ruled out:
    • cabled (requires needle)
    • non memorise-able lace
    • any lace pattern likely to lead to periodic ripping out (otherwise it would be the print of the wave stole. *sigh* )
  • something I would not grow to loathe knitting.
So. I finally ended up here. It got the tick of approval from both my and my man's mums so all is good. I finally decided on this. Those of you who've been here a long while may remember this pattern. It's the daisy lace which the whole of the Vogue Lace Cardigan is knit in. Only DK, not kidsilk haze and 12mm needles instead of 5mm. Let's just say one huge thing in its favour is it should be quick! And I know the pattern fairly well after knitting an entire cardigan in it.. I actually tried a range of needle sizes, but found the lace disappeared on my next size down (8mm).
I've also done a bit on my Twisted Yoke Cardigan. I'm enjoying the yarn very much. Feels very nice knitted up.

See, thusly..And I have finished another one of the baby-gift list. Yay. The end is in sight, and it isn't even month of madness yet. (they're all November babies. Valentines anyone?)

One left to sew up, and one I haven't settled on yet. Booties? Shoes? Hat? Thoughts anyone?