Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm designing a new meme : What do you wish you had been when you grew up?

I've been mulling this over in my mind ever since I wrote my response to the '7 things' meme.

Here is my new meme.

What did you wish you had been when you grew up?

Think of the child's game, playing what they want to be when they grow up. This is the adult's past-tense version.

Now you've grown up (whatever that means) what do you wish you had become?
Rules:
  1. You can be any number of things you choose to be
  2. Ability, talent, location and other realities are not a requirement.
  3. A comment about each thing you choose is encouraged, but not required
  4. Time/place realities can be assumed to have happened (e.g. assume the love of your life would still have met you, even if you never had become a school teacher/violinist/whatever you are now) and should not prevent the game.
  5. You can add to your list whenever you like.
  6. Please send me a comment with your blog post so I can read responses!
That's all.

Spider_knit: What did you wish you had been when you grew up?
  • An architect. I love buildings and design and how spaces are created with walls.
  • A sculptor/potter. I like the forms of ceramics very much. Second choice would be oil painter.
  • Italian. I love the food, the art, the clothes and how they seem to have this whole thing going on. My family also mirrors the Italian thing.
  • Better dressed. Now don't get me wrong, I like how I dress, on the whole. But have never really been satisifed with my ability to find clothes I like, or how I portray myself to the world.
  • A furniture/household stuff designer. (looks at piles of design mags/blogs)
  • A (successful) actress. i.e. I'd like the job, but only if I earn enough to pay my bills etc. I don't like the 'poor/doing other jobs' bit.
That's all for now. I may add to it later :)

YOU ARE NOW TAGGED!