Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I was tagged!

Heather, from Crafitlit podcast and Mama O Knits has tagged me. I think she knows I secretly love these things. They're the natural continuation of those lists we used to do at school where you had to write your answer to a standard list of questions.. you know the 'who's the cutest boy?'/'who has the best hair'/ 'what's your favourite band' kind of thing...

Da Rulz: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I'll see what i can do about the last bit, the number of bloggers I know personally is kinda thin and I think they'll be sick of me by now :) We'll see I guess...

My Eight Things:

1. I have 'She walks in beauty like the night' engraved on my ipod. It's the first line (and title) of my all-time favourite poem, written by Lord Byron. It always affects me, every single time I read it and I can recite most of it from memory.

2. My best friend should have been born British. He has the whole impression of being British, without actually being British. (accent, appearance, manners, fondness for obscure British history and he's a good Anglican boy to boot). His fondness for Australian Rules football is really the only thing marring the impression.

3. I am able to now say, with reasonable confidence "I used to suffer from depression". I was only properly diagnosed a couple of years ago, and as a result, got my stuff sorted out finally. I spent pretty much ages 14 to 29 suffering from one of the forms of depression. Not fun so much. It's weird not having it hanging in the background anymore. For ages it felt like I wasn't wearing my watch. That kind of ..' did I forget something?' feeling.

4. I wonder if point number three in any way explains why I love vampire fiction. I will watch any movie, read any novel and... yes, I play in a vampire-themed game. Read the name of the blog, folks ;)

5. I am not, by nature a detail oriented person. However, working for the government has meant I now behave in many things as if I am. Which is occasionally helpful, like when proving to your builder that your specification was right, their person transcribed the order incorrectly.

6. If I could live in period novel for a holiday, I would. Room with a View's Italy or Pride & Prejudice's Pemberly would both be smashing.

7. I found out that the nearest religious orientation to my own religious belief is 'liberal Quaker'. I found this out by using the Belief-O-Matic over at Beliefnet. I have known for a long time I believed, but never was able to put my finger on any label for it. This hasn't actually meant anything for me, but I found it terribly interesting.

8. I paid my way through uni working weekends at a game store for five years. We sold computer games, role-playing games, miniature war games, models, you name it. As a result, more than 10 years later I still have strange weird men smiling and saying hi to me in the street (ex-customers).

Onto the tagging! Now I need to check my list... I tag the Crafyaction's Bibnbub and Michelle, Lupinbunny, knitconvict, pen & purl. That's enough, right?