Monday, October 22, 2007

Progress on Tangled Yoke and Conflower Scarf and .. a house!

I know, I am one of those "where are they now?" bloggers. Gone, not posting, makes you reconsider your subscription.

Well, I have been busy, and have photos to prove it. I had a quiet weekend (enforced due to my catching of daughter's cold) and work has been so busy last week leading to such exhaustion on my arrival home that we tended towards takeaway and no activity on my part to speak of, let alone photographing and blogging. Sorry folks.

But I promised photographic proof. Here we go....

Tangled Yoke cardigan.

I have been making real progress on this. I have finished the body up to the underarms. Um... I also managed to make it approximately 1.5 inches longer. Apparently while my stitch gauge is pretty much right, the row gauge is off. Oh well. I'll be paying more attention to the lengths given for the sleeve. Sleeve progress shown below...












Then, I have the Cornflower Scarf.

This is going along fine. It requires such little effort to work on, perfect for watching a movie (one I'm familiar with) to. I'd imagine a couple of serious movie sessions and this would be done. My sporadic attempts so far have lead it to be about half done I'd say. Unblocked it's about a meter long. I think I need to block it out, so it probably needs to be a bit longer than 2 m pre-blocking.

And there is the Print O the Wave stole.
This has been getting a bit of a run lately, as it has been unfairly abandoned. I've now finished seven and a half repeats of the 34 that make up the main body. Then there's the huge edging, but I won't count that, or it seems like to much ;)

Two things have helped my progress. I took the advice I read somewhere online and got a baking sheet and a oversized magnet to mark the row I was working on. This has helped a lot. As has a final miracle. I seem to FINALLY be able to read the lace and tell if I am making a mistake at the time I am making it. Those of you who have knit lace will understand just what a critical step this is.

Finally, there is my house. Okay, I haven't built it myself, but much of my spare time of later has been taken up with hunting down bits and pieces for the house. Deciding on a new bed, looking at pavers, etc etc. We had our practical completion meeting (where we gave them their list of things to fix) and now await those things been done. Fingers crossed that list won't take them long. Our flooring is booked to go in two weeks time, and we are tentatively booked to move a week following that.

Want proof? Remember the Kitchen v. ETTE discussion a while back? Here's a sample of the Kitchen.. okay awaiting a mixer tap, but very very close.

Isn't it beautiful??