Saturday, January 05, 2008

Que Sera, sera..


Remember that bit..

"I asked my mother, what will I be? Will I be pretty, will I be rich? Here's what she said to me..."

So my anticipated Belisa silk lace weight arrived, bought on sale from Ozeyarns. At first, to be honest I was a little disappointed - the yarn is a lot more yellow than I had expected.

This isn't the end of the world of course, it just means I probably won't be using it for the initial bought intention - wedding garment. Looks like someone I like (a lot) might get it at some distant point in the future as lace shawl-type garment.

On the definitely plus side, I am quite taken by the Centolavaggia deep red laceweight the terribly nice secret Santa brought me... and also by the suggested Celtic Knot Stole pattern.

I'm making progress on the Print O' the Wave too - I've completed one short side and maybe a quarter of one long side of the edging. It has suddenly started to drag, feeling like I'm not making progress. Which I clearly am, but it just feels like it is taking oh so long to get anywhere. I hope every lace edging isn't like this!! The Vogue cardigan wasn't :(