Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions...

Michelle, over on craftyaction blogged about her crafty New Year's Resolutions. So I got thinking... I am quite one for resolutions but rarely get into sharing them overly from a fear I won't get far.
(Witness the failed photographic Project 365 project).

However, one one of the blogs I read they were exposing the importance of telling people about your new resolutions in order to facilitate change. This does mean a few things. It means there is risk of the failure being known. But, since you'll see for me that this represents something I intend working on this year, all to the good. I may be blathering about now, so I will get on with it.

There are a few things I want to work on this year.
  1. I want to be the good role model for the kind of person I want my daughter to be. This has a couple of sub-resolutions -
    1. don't yell through the house, go find the person and talk to them.
    2. be brave.
    3. be nice to other people, even when I feel like crap.
    4. eat better.
  2. Lose 4kgs (so I fit back into some of my favourite clothes) by end of June. (1.4 should help)
  3. Reduce discretionary spending. For this, I plan on using two previously effective techniques - "If I had this much money to spend on yarn, would I buy this thing, or would I buy yarn?" and secondly - delay. The "Oh... I'll just buy that tomorrow/next week/when I get paid" etc.
That's all really. I mean, I intend to finish the projects I have on the needles, but I won't get worried about it if I don't. I intend to knit another lace shawl/object (maybe two) but again, it doesn't have the status of resolution. I may use knitting related items to reward myself for sticking to the others - buying yarn instead of junk food always works, but really knitting isn't a chore for me. It happens all by itself :)

Happy New Year folks. I hope it rocks your world (in a good way) and you get what you need. Peace & good karma to all.