(Witness the failed photographic Project 365 project).
However, one one of the blogs I read they were exposing the importance of telling people about your new resolutions in order to facilitate change. This does mean a few things. It means there is risk of the failure being known. But, since you'll see for me that this represents something I intend working on this year, all to the good. I may be blathering about now, so I will get on with it.
There are a few things I want to work on this year.
- I want to be the good role model for the kind of person I want my daughter to be. This has a couple of sub-resolutions -
- don't yell through the house, go find the person and talk to them.
- be brave.
- be nice to other people, even when I feel like crap.
- eat better.
- Lose 4kgs (so I fit back into some of my favourite clothes) by end of June. (1.4 should help)
- Reduce discretionary spending. For this, I plan on using two previously effective techniques - "If I had this much money to spend on yarn, would I buy this thing, or would I buy yarn?" and secondly - delay. The "Oh... I'll just buy that tomorrow/next week/when I get paid" etc.
Happy New Year folks. I hope it rocks your world (in a good way) and you get what you need. Peace & good karma to all.