Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I look like a zombie..

(Not really.)

Well, I'm at home feeling somewhat sorry for myself following minor surgery. I should be fine in a couple of days.

However, since I am a bit vain, I'm knitting myself a stylish beret to cover the stitches on the crown of my head for when I go back to work.

I've chosen the Sweet Honey Beret (see also the ravelry link) in some nice Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK in black, leftover from my daughter's teacher's Vintage Beret.

I'll still hate all the tape-covered stitches etc. but I'm trying to focus on the end outcome and not look at myself in the mirror too much. And I do faintly worry about what people will say at work..

My man commented when he first saw me that I looked like I'd been in a fight! ;)

Anyway, I'll post beret pics when it's done.