Thursday, October 12, 2006

Scarf finishedness and Monkey Bits!!

Okay, I've been a tad busy. House sitting, and general stuff keeping my good self occupied.

Hence, I have things to show for it.

Not, now I sit here and think on it, the things I promised I forgot to take pictures of the start I made on the diamond patterned top from Vintage Knits, and no photos of the "I'm a Three-Year-Old's Dye Work" socks.

(Can't you just see skeins of yarn hanging out in a coffee shop or bar, and the embarrassment that little one when she introduces herself? But I digress...)

What I do have is pictures of Fitzwilliam's scarf blocking... thus...

(which was originally on the dining room table. Me, who has done university physics and thus should know better, might have avoided the "it was dripping on my dining chairs" discussion I later had with the owner of the dining table had I thought through the 'what happens when 1 inch of either end of a damp scarf lays off the edge of the table. So now it's zigzagged in the laundry. Nuff said.)


I also have pictures of the blue yarn slowly becoming a ball...






And....

....

.....

(insert loud mock-enthusiastic voice) Monkey bits!


Okay, they may not look like much now, but trust me, there's a monkey in there.

Pattern is from an old Simply Knitting magazine (which I don't really recommend, but it had two patterns I wanted). It's a Monkey by Fiona McTague. You can see a hand sewn on top of the pile. I hate finishing knitting. (That's in the technical sense. I love completing things, it's the blocking/sewing etc bits I hate.)

pictures of the socks (once I have figured out how to down-size the heel from Widdershins (any takers?) and some of the agonising slowness that is the diamond stitch top. 4ply. What was I thinking??