Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm making a clutch bag!

This pattern here by Amy Butler, "Clutch Purse with Antique Pin Closure".

Shown here in stages, very very nearly finished...

Step one: all bits of fabric cut out. Retro large print outside, black inside.

Step two: Attach the interface to the reinforcing canvas (or as I used, herringbone heavy-weight calico)

Step 3: Sew the reinforcements to the outside pieces...

Step 4: Reinforce the handle/tab.

Step 5: Sew on the Velcro..Step 6: Sew the outside bits together (see my uber-leet sewing jargon?)

Step 7: Sew the lining together..Step 8: Put the outside in the inside, and seam around the top.

Step 9: Do bag origami and put the outside to the, well, outside..Step 10: Iron and neaten it up ..
And then realise its late, and your family probably expect dinner, you know, tonight...

Next time I top stitch the hole shut, and do pleats on the edges and add the pin.

(Oh and I got some belated birthday money for fabric, and have progressed the beanie, which is looking very much like it needs another ball of yarn for the beanie. So another Knitpicks order....

so what else do I want to order? heeeheeeheeeheeee..