Saturday, May 31, 2008

What next?

So..

I finished the cardigan, and all the sewing and weaving in of ends. It sits blocking ever so slow (cos its winter).

And I sit browsing my stash and pattern queue trying to decide what to cast on next. I mean.. I know I could just keep knitting away at the Clapotis, but that's pretty mindless knitting and likely to take a while, so I am heading onward and upward to decide the next project.

I thinking to keep it small in order to get it done quick and move on. I like small projects between big ones, it lets you feel like your making progress.

So .. choices choices... Ravelry with its photos of everything I have queue, and all my stash does significantly help this process I must say. But still. Now I am spoiled for choice.

Do I want to knit Saartjie's booties? Like these from Brooklyntweed. They have no recipient at this time, but would be quick, cute and fun to knit. And I have plenty of left over sock yarn around to knit them with..











Or Gretel? This is destined to be a cabled beanie for my daughter's teacher come the end of the year and so will be needed to be completed at some point before then..



Or that square denim bag I've been planning for myself to use up the leftover Rowan Denim yarn I had from my Raspy and the Action jumpers I did..






Or the felted slippers for me that I decided to knit, using either this Knit 1 free pattern...











Or these Keep Away Felted Slippers from the Knit Front and Back blog. Both of which suffer since they don't meet me "I want to do it now" criteria, since they need to go to someone else's house for felting..


But really, that's barely scratching the surface. There's the Aura lacework beanie that I think I have enough Calmer to knit.. that's interesting and pretty and from stash.

There's baby socks and Beaudelaire socks... and that Koolhaas beanie for guys that actually looks nice yet interesting.

Anyway. That's what my brain does when picking a project. Not really surprising that hours later I still haven't made a decision, hey?