Thursday, July 27, 2006

My mum is a legend.

I don't mean like 'the tooth fairy' or even 'hydra' or whatever.

I mean a saves-my-ass-by-crocheting legend.

[Translation: She came over tonight, was sympathetic to my knitting catastrophe, (while my man smiled knowingly while I explained the depths of pain), played with my daugher while I resewed the back in (correctly this time), gave my daughter a bath while I cooked dinner and then after dinner crocheted all the edging - including extra reinforcing around the neckline to make sure it sat flat on me.]

I bow down to her ability to be wonderful, supportive and the crocheter that I can't be, at the time I really needed her to be.

Mum, you're a legend.

Tomorrow, I seam in the sleeves, sew in the loose ends and on the button I shall purchase.

With luck, Saturday the finished cardi goes with me to Canberra. Wish me luck.

p.s. thank you so much to the supportive comments in my time of knitting grief. Much appreciated!